Hi, My name is Dipankar Sen and I am working on an agriculture farm for 10+ years. Today I am writing about the Caring For Aloe Vera Plant at home and outdoor. I hope it will add some value to your knowledge.
Aloe vera tree is an important medicinal plant. Aloe vera looks a lot like a pineapple tree. Aloe vera has green leaves from the base and the leaves are thick with small saw-like spines on either side. The inside of the leaf has a transparent slippery shell called aloe vera gel.
About 60 to 70 leaves can be sold from one tree. In addition, many trees grow from one tree, that is, from the leaves of the tree. Then it can be sold at the appropriate time by cutting the leaves of the tree. No such care is required. However, overheating can kill the tree. If you want to make a garden, you should read this post about Caring For Aloe Vera Plant.
Aloe vera or aloe vera contains 20 types of minerals. It contains 6 of the 22 amino acids that the human body needs. Also contains vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, B12, C, and E.
Aloe Vera Benefit
- Regular consumption of aloe vera juice increases digestion. As a result, the digestive system of the body remains fresh and constipation is eliminated.
- Regular consumption of aloe vera juice helps in controlling weight along with increasing body strength.
- Aloe vera enhances immunity in the human body.
- The use of aloe vera or aloe vera juice produces a mixture of different vitamins and minerals in the body that help keep us stress-free and energized. Aloe vera juice strengthens bones and muscle joints. It also plays a role in relieving various inflammations of the body.
- A leaf of aloe vera or aloe vera, honey, and a small cucumber mask applied on the fish removes it.
- Aloe vera works as a conditioner to enhance the shine of hair. Aloe vera also prevents hair loss and dandruff.
- If the head is always hot, then the shell of the leaf is applied to the palate once a day to cool the head.
- Soil and Climate: Aloe vera cultivation is possible in all types of land; However, the growth of trees is better in soils mixed with loamy and light sand. Aloe vera can be grown on well-drained lands where water does not accumulate. However, it is not good in saline and extremely acidic soils. Trees rot in low and waterlogged lands. Cultivation is good in any loam soil but sandy loam soil is better. It is better not to cultivate in clay soil. The shade will not be in place, aloe vera needs sun all day.
Caring For Aloe Vera Plant at Outdoor/Outside Cultivation
- Land preparation: If you want to cultivate aloe vera, you have to cultivate the land well first. If you are Caring For Aloe Vera Plant, you should prepare the best land for your aloe vera plant. At the time of cultivation, 10 to 12 tons of dung per hectare should be mixed with the soil. Besides, 225 to 250 kg TSP and 85 to 100 kg MOP fertilizer per hectare should be given at this time. Aloe vera farmers usually cultivate it with more dung manure, very few farmers give chemical fertilizer. Many farmers use a lot of ash. However, some people use 25 to 30 kg TSP and 10 kg MOP fertilizer per bigha while preparing the land. After mixing the fertilizer, beds should be made for planting seedlings in the land. The bed will be 1.5 to 2.25 meters wide. There should be a 40 to 50 cm ditch between each of the two beds.
- Planting of saplings: Three types of aloe vera saplings are planted. Root Sakar or motha, seedlings growing from the base of the tree and the whole part of the tree is cut off. It is not commercially viable to plant root saccharin. Seedlings grown from the base of an old tree are separated from the mother plant and first planted in a piece of land or bed. There these seedlings are reared for two to three months. Later these saplings were taken up by cultivating the mainland and planting there. The establishment of the plant is good. However, after planting such seedlings, one has to wait for six months to get the leaves. Therefore, for commercial cultivation, he prefers to plant old saplings directly instead of cutting such saplings. It can pick leaves quickly. Leaves can be picked after three months of planting such trees. When the roots of a tree become longer and the tree cannot stand up after picking leaves from the same tree one after the other after being in the ground for many days, Then the trees should be cut down and 2-3 leaves should be removed and those trees should be planted. It is necessary to see if the planted tree is healthy and strong. To more Caring For Aloe Vera Plant, you should be planting your sapling properly.
- Planting time: Aloe vera seedlings can be planted at any time of the year. But If you are more Caring For Aloe Vera Plant, you should maintain timing. If planted at the beginning of June / Ashar, it grows the fastest. However, it is better not to plant seedlings in the winter and rainy seasons. Usually, saplings are planted more in the month of Kartik Agrahayan. Because when the seedlings are planted at this time, the tree tries to stick to the ground in winter. There is no demand for aloe vera leaves in the market during winter. So farmers refrain from collecting leaves at this time. On the other hand, in these 2-3 months, the seedlings well adhere to the soil. If leaves are planted in this way, more leaves can be obtained.
- Planting distance: Seedlings are planted in rows. Seedlings are planted at a distance of seven inches from row to row and six inches in each row. Seedlings are planted in two rows in a 1.5 m wide bed and in three rows in a 2.25 m wide bed. About three thousand six hundred trees can be planted in one bigha of land. This will be more Caring For Aloe Vera Plant If you maintain this distance.
- Fertilizer and Irrigation Application: No chemical fertilizer is usually used. Organic fertilizers like khail or neem khail should be used instead of chemical fertilizers. The land is prepared and aloe vera is cultivated according to the rules. Aloe vera grows well in wetlands. Although regular irrigation is required, care should be taken to ensure that there is water at the base of the tree. If urea fertilizer has to be given, then all the urea fertilizer should be sprayed on the land once a year in the month of Jaistha-Ashar. After spraying, weeds have to be removed and fertilizer has to be mixed with the soil. Giving more urea fertilizer increases the incidence and incidence of the disease. In the dry season, the land should be irrigated as required. Sometimes weeds have to be removed from the land. Aloe vera trees stay on the land for about two years. Therefore, fertilizer and irrigation should be given to the land at the same rate as in the first year. Remember that, this is a critical section about the Caring For Aloe Vera Plant.
Caring For Aloe Vera Plant at Disease and insect control management:
- Leaf spot disease: To Caring For Aloe Vera Plant, you have to notice this disease. Leaf spot disease is one of the major problems in aloe vera trees. The disease is less in winter. But at the end of winter, in the month of Falgun, the incidence of this disease increases and there is extensive damage to the leaves. In the attack of this disease, a small dot-like spot like the head of Alpin appears on the apex of the leaf, from which about eighteen streaks emerge. The glue dries and causes brown spots. In this way, the spots on the leaves of the affected trees gradually get bigger and the number of spots also increases. It is thought to be a bacterial disease, so fungicides do not have much effect. Due to this disease, the appearance of the leaves is ruined. The market price also goes down. However, those who cultivate aloe vera commercially spray lime in water for 15 consecutive days.
- Root rot disease: Root rot disease causes root rot of the tree. Later the tree dies. In the rainy season and at the base of the tree, if water accumulates or if it is wet, the root rot disease occurs. The disease can be cured by spraying fungicide. You should more be Caring For Aloe Vera Plant from root rot.
- Insects: This is fact but not essential Caring For Aloe Vera Plant. No insects are usually seen in aloe vera trees. However, sometimes there may be attacks by student insects, jab insects, scale insects, red spiders, etc.
- Harvesting and yield: Leaf picking can be started two to three months after planting aloe vera seedlings. About 60-70 leaves can be sold from one tree and new leaves grow from it throughout the year. Leaves can be picked for 9-10 months in a year. Leaf picking is stopped in winter. Usually, one leaf comes out every 15 days. However, farmers collect 1-2 leaves from a tree per month. When the tree grows and the leaves grow big, two leaves can be picked every month. After picking the leaves, they can be washed in water, cleaned, dried in the shade, and sold in the market.
- Cost of cultivation and marketing: The cost of one bigha of land is about 60 to 70 thousand rupees per year. Having a lot of demand is not a problem to market. An attic of 50 to 55 kg leaves is called the gate. The market price of aloe vera is 600 to 2000 rupees for every 6 guits. As a result, 1 bigha to 1.5 to 2 lakh leaves is sold.
- Location of Seedlings: In order to facilitate the successful implementation of afforestation activities and availability of tree saplings among the people, the Forest Department has set up 101 Social Forestry Nursery and Training Centers (SFNTCs) and 334 Social Forestry Garden Centers (SFPCs) in 62 districts of the country. These nurseries play a significant role in setting up homes and establishments and setting up nurseries on individual initiative. The public can procure forest, fruit, and medicinal species seedlings from government nurseries at affordable prices as per their demand.
- By cultivating aloe vera or aloe vera in the right way, it is possible to earn foreign exchange by meeting the demand of the country and exporting it abroad.
How To Grow Aloe Vera Plant At Home
Aloe vera is a very important tree. Especially it has many medicinal properties. Everyone should have an aloe vera tree in their home. Aloe vera can be grown on the porch of your home or in the yard with very little care. Eating aloe vera juice is good for the body. Pairs of aloe vera match weight for skin and hair.
First, you need to prepare the soil for aloe vera. Mix cocoa peat, organic manure, river white sandy soil, eggshell powder well with garden soil and plant any tree seedlings bought from the nursery in a large round tub. Note that, If there is no hard work to Caring For Aloe Vera Plant but you should keep off your eyes sometimes.
Caring For Aloe Vera Plant At Home
This tree does not need much care, but carelessness, and this tree is not good. This tree should be kept in a shady place. You can keep this tree in your house at night. Aloe vera absorbs all the contaminants in the house. Some tips about Caring For Aloe Vera Plant are written in this section.
This tree does not like much water. When replanting, water well. Only water when the soil is dry. After a while, you will see small saplings sprouting at the base of this tree. Then the seedlings have to be transplanted to another tub very carefully.
Occasionally weeds should be cleared. A mustard shell can give rotten liquid fertilizer every 15 days. If this tree is kept in the extra harsh sun, the leaves of the tree are likely to turn yellow. When the leaf of the tree turns yellow, cut the leaf. If you follow such step by step, the picture of your garden and balcony will grow beautifully. Finally, I hope you are better known now about the Caring For Aloe Vera Plant.
You can also read about rose gardening that will help you to cultivate rose properly.